CyanogenMod Installer is an application for Android devices that helps you install unofficial firmware on your smartphone. It should be noted that you undertake any actions to replace the ROM at your own risk.
How to use
To use this utility you need to install the companion application on your Windows computer. Next, you have to connect your Android smartphone to your PC via a USB cable. The application checks the compatibility of your device with this firmware.
The main screen displays stage-by-stage instructions that describe the steps you must take to install the ROM. Please note that before flashing the smartphone’s firmware, you need to back up important data since the device will be factory reset. Accordingly, all information existing in your phone’s memory will be irretrievably erased.
The main functions of the CyanogenMod Installer are as follows:
- obtaining root rights for the smartphone;
- unlocking the bootloader;
- modification of the recovery;
- setting ROM.
CyanogenMod firmware allows you to improve the performance of your device, compared to the official versions of the software. Support for gesture control, Bluetooth Low Energy, and Open GL is provided. In addition, it is possible to personalize the status bar, battery charge display, transitions between pages, screen grid, and so on.
- helps install CyanogenMod ROM on your smartphone;
- it is possible to obtain root rights or check their availability, just like in Root Checker;
- you can unlock the bootloader;
- the app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.