Google Nest is an Android application created to control Nest smart products including thermostats, video surveillance systems, alarms, etc. Users can synchronize their smartphones with various devices for turning on and off, setting, scheduling, and so on.
To synchronize the application with your existing Nest smart devices, you need to connect your smartphone to a local Wi-Fi network. The utility allows you to control thermostats, video surveillance and alarm systems, intercoms, smart locks, and more. It is possible to create zones and group gadgets by room.
Schedules and control
With this app, you can create a schedule to turn on and off various devices depending on where they are located. The main functions of Google Nest are as follows:
- setting the temperature of thermostats and tracking electricity consumption;
- arming and disarming home security remotely;
- viewing images from surveillance cameras;
- intercom control and conversation with visitors;
- opening and closing smart locks.
The utility sends you alarms if security cameras detect suspicious activity. It is possible to record video in 1080p quality 24/7. In addition, notifications are provided about the opening of doors or windows and the appearance of smoke or carbon monoxide.
Moreover, this app stores the history of all events happening inside your home and allows you to view it. You can configure standard audio responses for communicating with visitors through the intercom. Also, there is an option to assign passwords for friends and family to open smart locks.
- it is possible to set up and control Nest smart home devices;
- you can turn on and off gadgets as well as create schedules, just like in Homey;
- notifications and alarms are provided;
- the app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.