Ollie is an application for Android devices that is a companion to the robot of the same name. This gadget synchronizes with a smartphone via a Bluetooth connection. The toy automatically turns on and off when you open or close the application.
After synchronization, you see a virtual joystick on the smartphone screen to control the movement of the Ollie robot. For your gadget to start moving, you need to place your finger on the central circle and swipe in different directions to go forward, backward, and make turns. There are special gestures that allow the toy to spin, jump, and so on.
There is a special aiming option that helps you to open and adjust the direction of Ollie’s movement. It is possible to stop the robot with an appropriate button. The Settings section allows you to give the toy a name. Furthermore, the following options are provided:
- selection of surface type – for example, grass, asphalt, snow, earth, and so on;
- determining the area of movement – room or open space;
- increasing or decreasing speed;
- control settings;
- acceleration selection.
It is worth noting that control of the Ollie robot is possible at a distance of up to 30 m. With the app, you can monitor the battery charge level of the gadget. There is an opportunity to create separate profiles for several users who can customize the toy to their taste.
- it is possible to control Ollie robots via Bluetooth;
- there is a virtual joystick;
- you can monitor the battery charge level, just like in Accu Battery;
- the app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.