VisualRoute is a Mac OS application for troubleshooting various network issues. It allows you to trace all incoming and outgoing connections to detect potential bottlenecks.
With the help of this program users can identify packet loss and latency issues in the network. It is possible to trace all traffic routes, graph response times and probe available communication ports. Similar to NetSpot, there are tools for detecting all nearby Wi-Fi signals and estimating their strength.
You are able to view and analyze the history of all incoming and outgoing connections. This functionality is helpful for identifying bottlenecks and improving the overall network performance.
The module works by sending Internet Control Message Protocol packets to remote routers. It lets users track the traffic pathway from source to destination. There are instruments for recording the duration of each hop and generating a detailed route map.
After performing all tests the app displays a list of tips and recommendations to improve the overall network speed and stability.
- free to download and use;
- allows you to test and troubleshoot the network connection;
- it is possible to track packet routes and identify potential bottlenecks;
- users can locate all available Wi-Fi networks and test their signal strength;
- tools for generating detailed route maps are included;
- compatible with modern versions of Mac OS.