Application Request Routing is a Windows software for configuring advanced traffic routing parameters in the local network. Users can change server affinity, enable data caching and adjust request prioritization settings.
How to setup
After downloading the executable file you are instructed to run it to begin the installation process. Please note that the IIS system component is required for the correct functioning of all features. Alternatively, it is possible to integrate the application via Microsoft Web Platform Installer.
With the help of this program users can balance different network loads between individual servers to improve overall data transfer speed and connection stability. Instruments for compressing traffic packets are provided as well.
You are able to create flexible routing rules based on the URL, HTTP headers and server variables. This functionality is helpful for determining the most appropriate direction for every incoming request. Frequently accessed content can be automatically cached for quicker access.
- free to download and use;
- provides an extension for the Internet Information Services system component;
- allows you to balance network loads between several servers to improve overall speed and stability;
- it is possible to cache popular web pages for quicker access;
- users can create and edit custom traffic routing rules;
- compatible with modern versions of Windows.