Brun Water is a Windows program oriented toward professional brewers. It can be used to create and optimize beer recipes as well as estimate ion concentrations in the finished product. You are able to take into account the alkalinity and pH level of the water.
The downloaded Excel file contains the following tabs: Instructions, Water Report Input, Sparge Acidification, Grain Bill Input, Water Adjustment and Summary. Users can begin a new project by specifying the amount of calcium, magnesium, sodium, chloride, sulfate and other minerals in the source water. The alkalinity level and estimated carbonate concentration are calculated automatically.
Similar to MpH Water Calculator, there are instruments for evaluating the overall acidification. It is worth noting that components like chalk, baking soda or pickling lime will increase the alkalinity level.
You are able to enter the quantity of the base, crystal, roast and acid malts in the recipe. The color of every ingredient can be corrected as well. It is possible to estimate the mesh pH level at room temperature.
- free to download and use;
- designed to help beer brewers calculate various water properties;
- it is possible to estimate the alkalinity level and carbonate concentration;
- you can create custom recipes by combining different types of malt;
- there is an option to evaluate the resulting mesh pH level;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.