CHIRP is a Windows utility for advanced radio configuration. Users are able to tune individual frequencies, channels and modes. Tools for managing radio contact lists are provided as well. Like in PSP Firmware, it is possible to update internal firmware on all compatible devices.
A large collection of premade configurations for different use cases is available. You can view and modify the list of all programmable settings for a specific radio model. The next step is to click the Write button to send updated parameters to the device.
There are instruments for adjusting channels, modes, frequencies and contact lists. Additionally, users are able to quickly clone a radio by transferring its settings to another device. This is helpful for managing large amounts of similar hardware.
You can download the latest version of internal firmware from the official website of the corresponding manufacturer. The next step is to connect the radio to the computer and click the Update Firmware button in the main window. It is recommended to regularly perform this task to fix software bugs and try new functions as they are released.
- free to download and use;
- allows you to configure and manage digital radios from various manufacturers;
- it is possible to manually tune frequencies, channels and modes;
- there are tools for updating internal firmware on communication devices;
- compatible with modern versions of Windows.