Clarion is a Windows utility for developing software products by manipulating SQL databases. It is possible to use both procedural and object oriented programming paradigms within the same project. Please note that Clarion is discontinued and no longer supported by the developer. The installation files are not available.
You can quickly construct user interfaces by dragging and dropping pre designed windows, control buttons and other visual elements into the workspace. The underlying code is generated automatically, saving time and effort.
Like in Genero Desktop, there is an option to connect to various types of databases like MySQL and ISAM. Additionally, users are able to choose one of the included H5 Bootstrap templates for enhanced cross platform compatibility.
It is possible to build new applications significantly faster compared to traditional development methods, thanks to the visual design and code generation. You can reduce the amount of entry errors, leading to more stable and reliable products.
- free to download and use;
- provides tools for developing new software on the computer;
- you can create custom interfaces by combining individual UI elements in the workspace;
- supports a wide variety of popular database formats such as MySQL and ISAM;
- it is possible to generate code snippets automatically, reducing the amount of entry errors;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.