Ford SYNC is a Windows utility for installing software updates to Ford infotainment devices. A valid Vehicle Identification Number or Chassis Number is required for downloading the application from the official website.
Users are instructed to copy the acquired archive to any USB Flash storage device and connect it to the port on the infotainment system panel. After that it is necessary to navigate to the Update section of the Settings menu and initiate the procedure. The process may take up to several minutes.
The infotainment system from Ford lets you connect smartphones and tablets via USB or Bluetooth. This functionality is helpful for streaming music as well as for answering and making audio calls. Integrated voice control tools are intended for sending text messages without looking at the screen. There is full support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Similar to Magellan Content Manager, this application contains instruments for updating integrated maps. It is possible to specify the destination and automatically plot the most efficient and fast route. Relevant information about various points of interest and traffic jams is available.
- free to download and use;
- lets you update navigation maps and internal firmware in Ford SYNC car infotainment systems;
- a correct VIN or Chassis Number is necessary for downloading the package;
- supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.