FumeFX is a Windows software for integrating a plugin into Autodesk 3ds Max and other 3D graphics editors. There are instruments for generating realistic special effects like fire or fog. It is worth noting that FumeFX is distributed on a commercial basis. There is no free trial version.
This extension is based on a powerful engine that can handle complex simulations with high detail and accuracy. Users are able to control the behavior of the fluids by adjusting various parameters such as temperature, velocity, turbulence and viscosity. It is possible to apply external forces and place collision objects to influence the simulation.
There is support for rigid body mechanics and cloth emulation. You can manipulate individual particles and generate realistic liquids. FumeFX provides tools for adding secondary motion and variations to the project.
Users are able to enhance the effect by applying custom illumination maps, shadows and sharpening filters. Additionally, multiple scripts for automating repetitive tasks are provided.
- requires a subscription to download and use;
- lets you install a plugin for 3ds Max, maya, Cinema 4D and other 3D graphics editors;
- intended for generating realistic fire, smoke, explosions and other effects;
- it is possible to tune various particle properties like temperature, velocity and turbulence;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.