HDD Password Protection is a robust program for Windows that allows you to protect the boot sequence with a password so as to restrict the access to particular partitions. For example, you are able to secure an HDD section where you store your personal data.
The graphical interface features a streamlined appearance, with elements intuitively arranged throughout the working area. The upper toolbar encloses various main functions under special icons. Furthermore, there is a side panel which provides detailed information about connected drives and helps you to choose available options.
The main purpose of this utility is to ensure powerful protection of the boot sequence. In this case the operating system does not start from the disk until the valid password is provided. You can also increase the security of the application by assigning a custom combination of letters, numbers, and special symbols, for accessing its functionality. In other words, only users who know the appropriate passphrase will be able to launch the program. If you want to generate binary key files, you may try another software solution called MakeKeyBin.
- free to download and use;
- compatible with modern Windows versions;
- allows you to protect drive partitions with a password;
- you can restrict access to internal and external HDD devices;
- the program comes with a dedicated process wizard;
- it is possible to prevent leakage of personal data.