Kaspersky Internet Security is a Windows program for protecting the computer from viruses, malware, phishing attempts and other types of threats. There is an embedded VPN service for bypassing government censorship and accessing regionally locked content.
After starting the utility users are prompted to scan all connected storage devices and system memory to identify potential problems. It is possible to place suspicious files in a safe quarantine zone or immediately delete them.
The antivirus uses a combination of signature based detection and heuristic analysis to block known and emerging threats. There is support for real time scanning of newly downloaded files. Moreover, you can schedule regular checks to keep the computer protected at all times.
Similar to PIA VPN, users are able to mask their identity by rerouting all traffic through a remote server. This functionality is helpful for preventing online tracking by advertisers, bypassing regional blocks on websites and accessing content censored by the government.
- free to download and use;
- offers you tools for protecting the computer from external attacks;
- it is possible to scan all connected storage devices to identify potential threats;
- there is an integrated VPN service for hiding your real IP address and location;
- an option to schedule regular system checks is available;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.