LogMeIn Rescue is a Windows utility that provides instruments for connecting to other machines via the network and troubleshooting potential problems. Users can identify and resolve various internal conflicts, update system drivers and perform other maintenance tasks as well.
After starting the program you are prompted to log into the personal LogMeIn account. The next step is to click the New Session button to begin configuring the remote connection. It is necessary to specify the IP address and communication port for the target computer to establish a link.
The main purpose of this application is to let network administrators service remote machines. Similar to Remote Desktop, users can transfer files back and forth. Additionally, there are tools for resolving compatibility issues and improving overall performance by optimizing the operating system.
You are able to capture individual remote support sessions to video files. This is helpful for training purposes, quality control and evidence collection. Moreover, it is possible to highlight certain sections of the display and add personal annotations.
- free to download and use;
- offers you instruments for remotely controlling other computers over the network;
- it is possible to transfer files to and from the target machine;
- helpful for troubleshooting various types of technical issues;
- compatible with modern versions of Windows.