Mullvad VPN is a Windows service that allows users to reroute all network traffic through a series of remote servers to hide the real IP address and prevent online tracking. Similar to
Ivacy VPN, available VPN protocols include OpenVPN and WireGuard.
After registering an account you are prompted to select the payment plan and download the application. Clients for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android are provided. Please note that Mullvad VPN is a paid platform. There is no free trial version.
All incoming and outgoing traffic is automatically rerouted via an encrypted server to mask the location and IP address from third party trackers. The kill switch feature is intended for quickly disconnecting from the internet in case the VPN service is unavailable.
It is possible to forward any communication port. This is helpful for p2p file sharing, remote desktop control and a wide range of other purposes. Moreover, there are instruments for DNS and IPv6 leak protection. A variety of advanced stealth options to bypass VPN blocking is included as well.
- requires a license to download and use;
- offers you tools for ensuring private internet browsing by hiding the IP address;
- users can access regionally restricted websites and bypass censorship;
- there is a kill switch for quickly interrupting the connection if a VPN server is unavailable;
- compatible with modern versions of Windows.