NVIDIA SHIELD is a Windows software for integrating a new firmware version into NVIDIA SHIELD devices. One of the most notable new features is the ability to stream HDR content from Netflix, Amazon Video, Xfinity and other popular online sources.
It is necessary to unpack the downloaded archive to an SD memory card. The next step is to insert the storage device into the NVIDIA SHIELD and initialize the update from the internal menu. All required operations will be performed automatically. The device may be restarted several times during the process.
After installing the update users can enjoy high quality video content with vibrant colors and better contrast by watching movies in the HDR format. Moreover, it is possible to turn any SHIELD into a Plex media server for streaming media content to other devices connected to the same network.
Additional improvements include support for USB and Bluetooth audio hardware. You are able to interact with network storage devices as well. Finally, modern SD cards with up to 2 Tb of disk space are fully compatible with the latest firmware version.
- free to download and use;
- offers you a new version of internal firmware for NVIDIA SHIELD;
- provides support for modern SD cards and USB audio devices;
- it is possible to stream HDR content from various online sources;
- users can convert the device to a powerful Plex media server;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.