SSH Secure Shell is a Windows app for interacting with computers over the network. Authorized users can reboot, shut down or switch on remote devices. The program was developed as a replacement for the insecure Telnet protocol.
This software contains three main components required for interacting with remote desktops:
- SSH client;
- SSH server;
- and file transfer module.
The first element runs on a local machine and initiates the connection to the device. The SSH Server tool has to be installed on a remote computer and is necessary for accepting incoming requests. You can transfer files back and forth between the devices using secure protocols like SCP or SFTP.
All incoming and outgoing traffic is automatically encrypted by modern algorithms to prevent unauthorized access. There are instruments for checking data integrity after downloading files from an unofficial source.
Similar to Swish, several authentication methods and key exchange protocols are supported. Moreover, it is possible to forward individual network ports, create virtual tunnels and reroute the traffic through proxy servers.
- free to download and use;
- offers you tools for establishing a connection between remote computers;
- it is possible to copy files back and forth;
- all traffic is automatically encrypted to prevent data theft;
- users can forward network ports and create virtual tunnels;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.