After Dark is a Windows tool for setting up customizable screensavers. You are able to play with the objects on the screen and create unique interactive scenarios. Please note that After Dark is obsolete and no longer supported by the developer. It is not compatible with modern versions of Windows.
These dynamic images were originally intended for preventing burn in issues on old CRT monitors. Additionally, users can set up a personal password for returning to the operating system to provide a basic level of security. After Dark contains a large collection of adjustable screensavers to choose from.
How it works
After installing the software you are able to select one of the included animations as the default option. It is possible to interact with various virtual elements on the display when the screensaver is active.
Similar to Power Plan Assistant, users can adjust the period of inactivity after which the protection will be activated automatically and specify a personal password for unblocking the computer. This is helpful for preventing unauthorized access to a publicly available machine.
- free to download and use;
- offers you instruments for enabling custom screensavers with interactive elements;
- it is possible to protect access to the computer with a password;
- users can enable automatic screensaver launch after a predefined period of inactivity;
- not compatible with modern versions of Windows.