Creative MediaSource is a Windows media player. It lets users listen to music and watch video clips. Moreover, instruments for filtering the content library by artist, album, genre or file location are provided. Please note that Creative MediaSource is discontinued and no longer supported by the developer. The installation files are not available.
The main window contains control buttons for starting, stopping, pausing and skipping the current item. There is an audio volume slider as well. Additionally, you can scrub through the timeline to quickly find the required fragment.
Like in HyperMedia, it is possible to create custom playlists. Users are able to rearrange individual songs and videos to better fit personal preferences.
An option to rip audio CDs to WMA or MP3 files is available. You can convert video clips from one format to another as well.
There are tools for synchronizing media libraries between the computer and portable MP3 players made by Creative such as Zen. This is helpful for keeping content organized and up to date across all personal devices.
- free to download and use;
- allows you to play back all kinds of media files on the computer;
- supports various popular formats like MKV, MPEG, AVI and WAV;
- it is possible to organize and manage large media collections;
- users can quickly rip audio CDs to the hard drive;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.